All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
• Benefits from Day One
• Paid Days Off from Day One
• Career Development
• $7,500 Sign-on Bonus
• $3,000 Relocation
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Multiple openings for Surgical Technicians:
Neurosurgery, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, Vascular and General Surgery
Location: 601 E. Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32801
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Surgical technologists are an integral part of the team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients. Surgical technologists work under the supervision and delegatory authority of an RN and / or surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists are experts in the theory and application of the principles of asepsis and sterile technique to combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation and tools and technologies to facilitate a physician’s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Demonstrates an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
• Preoperatively the surgical technologistgathers, checks and opens supplies and equipment needed for the surgical procedure. Anticipates additional instrumentation, equipment and supplies for usage during the procedure and ensures all items are functional and readily available.
• Maintains strict aseptic technique and monitors all team members at the field and all activities to ensure no breaks in technique. This includes performance of the surgical hand scrub, donning gown and gloves, setting up of the sterile field, and draping for the procedure. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• Graduate from school of surgical technology, LPN program, RN program, completion of a military training program that includes surgical technology skills or on the job training for surgical technology with 5 years of experience in an acute care OR setting.
• Basic skills related to aseptic/ sterile technique and knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
• BLS certification
• CST or CORT certification
• Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty
• SURH for 6801 – at least one-year experience in orthopedics and/or trauma surgery
• Completion of didactic and lab robotic training
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 – Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 22025742
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria