Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Pharmacy Tech PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Memorial Hospital which is part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
• Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
• Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
• Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
• Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
• Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
• 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
• Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
• Colleague recognition program
• Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Pharmacy Tech PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Pharmacy Technician promotes teamwork with pharmacists and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and strives for appropriate resource management. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What you will do in this role:
· You will be assisting the Pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and medical records.
· You will comply with facility policy and procedures, along with regulatory requirements.
· You will be responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
· You will perform quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned.
· You will accurately and safely compound and label medications and parenteral admixtures.
· You will always obtain a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
· You will prepare all work records needed for the day at their designated times including the discontinued, transfers, and discharge lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently process these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
· You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
· You will receive and check in medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notify the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product.
· You will manage drug supplies in a cost-effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste.
What qualifications you will need:
· A high school diploma or equivalent is required
· An active Registered Pharmacy Technician license in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is required
· A national certification (CPhT) is required
· Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
What qualifications you will need:
• High School Graduate / GED
• Licensed Pharmacy Technician, or State License Pharmacy Intern
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the regions leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Tech PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria