Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The H & S Technician in the occupational health environment will provide comprehensive health, wellness, and safety services to the employee population in accordance with all applicable company policies, government regulations, practice standards and best practice guidelines. In all areas of practice, the H & S Technician will act as an advocate for both employee and company to encourage the attainment of optimal health and well-being within the corporation.
Primary Safety Accountabilities:
• Supports onsite and corporate safety initiatives such as SafeStart, Machine guarding and Travelers ergonomic remote PAT training.
• Conduct daily safety observations, weekly inspections, and monthly/quarterly safety system audits.
• Conduct monthly safety functional leadership meetings.
• Assists in on the floor investigations for near miss incidents, PIE incidents, first aid injuries, and hazard identifications.
• Supports new hire orientation specifically working with the training department to help deliver and update safety training topics via PowerPoint presentations and Alchemy.
• Help operations teams review and update annually and as needed job safety analysis (JSA) content.
• Help operations teams review and update annually and as needed machine guarding, control reliable and LOTO placards.
• Take part in the annual Campbell’s safety audit.
• Actively manage safety audit systems in support of the annual Campbell’s safety audit.
• Maintain and update daily the health and safety data for the outdoor safety electronic information screen.
• Maintain and update daily the safety data spreadsheets and Velocity EHS online safety system.
• Participate daily in operations shift meetings to help promote and deliver valuable safety information to the teams.
• Participate daily in department shift meetings.
• Support medical department when shift nurse is on vacation, sick or position is open.
• Other safety or medical duties as directed.
• Performs initial assessment and appropriate referral of occupational and emergent non-occupational injuries/illness according to established protocols and guidelines.
• Complies with the policies of the occupational medical program consistent with the company’s general policies concerning health services.
• Provides case management and follows the prescribed plan of action for Worker’s Compensation cases. Interacts with on-site and community physicians, nurses, physical therapists, and other health care providers to promote employee health and wellness in the case management process.
• Conducts Forklift Physicals for CSC employees and contractors.
• Maintains open communication with plant leadership to ensure that injured workers who have transitional duty assignments follow their restrictions to promote optimal healing.
• Completes OSHA mandated medical surveillance as assigned, including but not limited to: PPE, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hearing Conservation, Ergonomic and Respiratory Protection education and surveillance.
• Supports the plant’s drug and alcohol testing program by completing required pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, random and follow-up tests in a timely manner.
• Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of employee health risk reduction and wellness programs such as health education, accident prevention, fitness enhancement, nutrition, alcohol/drug abuse education, smoking cessation, and weight control.
• Directs employees to appropriate CSC resources, such as the Employee Assistance Program and Medical Decision Support.
• Performs drug testing for new CS employees and schedules pre-employment physicals and fitness for duty test
• Participates in the plant Emergency Response Team.
• Maintains all required professional certifications.
• Updates Kronos in regards for Time and Attendance.
• Issues FMLA paperwork to employees as required and submits to HR for approval.
• Demonstrates high ethical standards and sustains positive employee relations by inspiring trust, providing professional medical treatment and counsel, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and multitask while performing the duties of the Health Center, including patient care, regulatory/policy adherence.
• Uses knowledge of Worker’s Compensation regulations and communication with Travelers to assist with case management and the return-to-work process to ensure employee understanding and compliance, reduce recovery time, improve the employee’s recovery and return to work outcome.
• Utilizes medical skills to manage stressful situations through effective communication, accurate assessment, and the provision/recommendation of appropriate care.
Minimum education required: High School Diploma, CNA and or military experience equivalent
Years of relevant experience required: One to two years of related experience, such as practice as working with an Emergency Medical Service, Health Care setting or Occupational Health setting.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred:
• CPR/First/AED certification
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Sound judgment and ability to manage crisis situations
• Computer proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, and Kronos
• Knowledge of state Worker’s Compensation law, OSHA Regulations and other occupational health regulations strongly preferred
• Certification in Breath Alcohol Testing, Urine Drug Screen Collection and Hearing Conservation
• First shift (07:00am-3:30pm) with on-call required
Clean and orderly medical office setting. Exposure to a production environment (noise, heat, and moving machinery).
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria