Are you ready to step into a position that combines your organizational skills, ability to multitask, and unrelenting drive to help others? We’re looking for a Medical Receptionist to join our fast-paced, customer-focused Imaging Teams for Evernorth Care Group across the Phoenix Valley. If you’ve always wanted to work in the outpatient healthcare setting and enjoy a friendly work environment… well, we’re pretty sure you’ll love this position.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Answer telephone in compliance with departmental procedures and quality metrics. Ascertains nature of call and routes appropriately and ensures the call is responded to promptly.
• Schedules biopsy and diagnostic imaging appointments accurately. Meets patients’ needs by asking questions to determine the best scheduling solution. If necessary, speaks with clinician to ensure timely access.
• Assists Breast Imaging Technologists with Stereotactic, US and MRI breast biopsies & procedures.
• Confirms patient appointments and makes post procedure follow-up communication.
• Improves the customer experience through the demonstration of Service and Courtesy Behaviors and focus on Patient Satisfaction.
• Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments; physicians, patients, families as well as external contacts, such as employees of other healthcare institutions community providers and agencies concerning the healthcare of the patient. Interacts with other healthcare providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information.
• Healthcare is an ever-changing world. We need to adjust to the changes in our environment so that we can provide the best care possible.
• High school diploma or GED certificate required.
• Medical terminology preferred.
• Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist or Medical Assistant highly preferred
• Prior clinical exposure to Breast Imaging/Radiology preferred.
• One year customer service and PC skills required.
• One year customer service in health care, typing, scheduling application experience preferred.
• Ability to convey information to customers in a warm, clear, concise manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including strong physician relations.
• Knowledge of HIPPA, patient privacy and protected health information.
• Computer knowledge with program software including Epic, RIS/PACS.
• Travel required to 3 Diagnostic Breast Centers.
• BLS (CPR and AED)
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
This role is subject to the CMS (Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services) COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Full vaccination is required, meaning that workers in this position must have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of an mRNA vaccine before the first day of work.
Evernorth, Cigna Corporation’s health services segment, exists to elevate health for all. We’re building on our legacy and redefining health care as we know it. Unbiased in how we think, we create without limitation. We partner without constraints, deliver value differently and act in the interest of humanity. Solving across silos, closing gaps in care, and empowering clients, customers, and people everywhere to move onward and upward. When you work with us, you’ll be empowered to solve the problems others don’t, won’t or can’t. Join us. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria