Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Pharmacy Access and Solutions Technician provides support related to medication access, utilization and optimization. The technician has a high level of autonomy working directly with patients, prescribers, payers and other members of the healthcare team. The position identifies and initiates process development and improvement activities with emphasis on providing high quality patient care and customer service.
The Pharmacy Benefit Medication Assistance Program (MAP) Pharmacy Access and Solutions Technician provides support related to medication access, utilization and optimization. The Pharmacy Benefit MAP team is responsible for prescription benefit prior authorization support and co-pay assistance enrollment for outpatient prescriptions with the goal of navigating payer associated coverage approval requirements and mitigating patient financial toxicity. The technician has a high level of autonomy working directly with patients, prescribers, payers and other members of the healthcare team. The position identifies and initiates process development and improvement activities with emphasis on providing high quality patient care and customer service.
1. Maintain current knowledge of service line applicable regulations and external support services
2. Proactively identify and analyze opportunities for intervention and seek solutions to customer concerns encountered both inside and outside of the department
3. Utilize internally developed systems, the electronic health record (EPIC) and commercial vendor software to document and track patient eligibility, prescriptions, patient communications and program enrollment
4. Document and communicate findings to the patient, provider and pharmacies per internal operational standards in a timely and professional manner
5. Provide support to develop and utilize processes that improve operational workflow to positively impact patient care and optimize clinical processes.
6. Respond to and resolve pharmacy-related inquiries from members, clients, providers, or pharmacies related to medications. Appropriately triage inquiries to relevant team members when additional expertise is required.
7. Assist in training for new employees and pharmacy learners
● HS diploma or equivalent.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
● CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of pharmacy technician experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Amb. Pharm Care Network – MAP
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria