Acts as a team member in the delivery of quality patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Provider. Performs basic skills per department guidelines and communicates observations to members of the health care team.
• Collects and reports physiological, psychological, sociocultural and spiritual needs of patients and families in coordination with and as delineated by the RN or Provider. Ensures that required documentation is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provides direct patient care under the direction of the RN or Provider, consistent with clinical policies and procedures, and department standard work. Provides input in the development of an individualized plan of care. Ensures that required documentation is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Articulates the nursing technician role to the patient, family and health team members. Provides support to facilitate safe, quality patient care in a cost-effective manner.
• Cleans patient’s environment / work area / equipment and communicates any equipment malfunctions to appropriate department / unit personnel.
• Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior. Advocates for privacy, confidentiality and security of patient, staff and organization data.
• Required High School Diploma or equivalent
• CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) – AHA American Heart Association 90 Days required Or
• CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) – ARC American Red Cross 90 Days required
• CRT-Nursing Assistant – PROMETRIC Prometric Nurse Techs working in the Big Rapids, Reed City Nurse Tech Float Pool will need to have a C.N.A Certification upon hire effective January 22, 2020
Upon Hire required
• Pallet to Waist (6″ from floor) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 50 lbs
• Waist to Waist > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 50 lbs
• Waist to Chest (below shoulder) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
• Waist to Overhead > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 5 lbs
• Bilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 25 lbs
• Unilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
• Pushing Force > 5 lbs: Occasionally up to 25 lbs
• Pulling Force > 5 lbs: Occasionally up to 20 lbs
• Sitting: Seldom
• Standing: Frequently
• Walking: Frequently
• Forward Bend – Standing: Occasionally
• Forward Bend – Sitting: Occasionally
• Trunk Rotation – Standing: Occasionally
• Trunk Rotation – Sitting: Occasionally
• Squat: Seldom
• Stair Climbing: Seldom
• Crawling / Kneeling: Seldom
• Reach – Above Shoulder: Seldom
• Reach – at Shoulder or Below: Occasionally
• Handling: Occasionally
• Forceful Grip > 5 lbs: Occasionally
• Forceful Pinch > 2 lbs: Occasionally
• Finger/Hand Dexterity: Frequently
• Visual Acuity ¹
[None = No; Seldom = Yes]: Seldom
SITE – Spectrum Health Reed City Hospital – 300 N Patterson – Reed City
Emergency Department – Reed City
Night (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
Every third weekend
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Spectrum Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors and community. That is why we require a drug-free workplace and various vaccinations as a requirement for employment.
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request assistance in completing the application process by calling 616.486.7447. We are committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria