Agency : Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 01/03/2023
Closing Date/Time: 09/05/2023
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $3,328 – $3,868 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 100
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
While not required, a Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) is recommended. When applicable, titles that require specific coursework, professional license or certification will include a notation requesting the appropriate document(s) be uploaded in the Additional Documents section of your application. Failure to upload requested transcripts, license and/or proof of certification when specified may result in eligibility. Please note that the Department of Human Services must verify proof of higher education for any degree earned (if applicable) regardless of vacancy title before any offer can be extended.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number 10-70-22390
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire a Mental Health Tech Trainee at the Kiley Developmental Center located in Waukegan, Illinois. The incumbent will, for a period of time from six and not to exceed twelve months, receive instruction and training in providing care for individuals with developmental disabilities. Attends formal classes for instruction in routine nursing practices and techniques, behavior intervention skill development and to gain elementary understanding of the causes, nature and treatment of intellectual disabilities. Performs routine tasks in providing care for individuals with developmental disabilities, including conducting activities and programs, documenting data regarding the individual’s response to care and programs and escorting individuals to participate in the receipt of community services.
• For a period of time from six and not to exceed twelve months, receive instruction and training in providing care for individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Participates in providing active treatment and habilitation services for individuals.
• Escorts individuals and participates in training individuals in residential, social or vocational activities both at Kiley Developmental Center and in other designated locations.
• Performs light housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean, safe, comfortable, and sanitary living environment including spot mopping, cleaning spills, wiping tables, removing trash, securing supplies and equipment, and making beds and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
• Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of high school.
Conditions of Employment
• Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Requires the ability to physically restrain individuals as necessary to prevent injury to the individuals or others.
• Requires the ability to work after business hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Requires ability to participate in and successfully complete a comprehensive training program.
• Requires the ability to utilize office equipment, including personal computers.
• Requires the ability to travel.
• Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
• Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
• Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
Work Hours: 24/7 Variable Shifts.
Work Location: 1401 W Dugdale Rd Waukegan, IL 60085-6263
Kiley Developmental Center
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Agency Contact: DHS.HiringUnit@Illinois.gov
Job Family: Health Services; Social Services
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
• A Pension Program
• Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
• 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
• 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually – (10 days in year one of employment)
• Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
• 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
• Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
• 10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Deferred Compensation Program – A supplemental retirement plan
• Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
• Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
• 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
• Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses:
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria