12,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES
• Current HCA employees not eligible
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Lab Technician where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with LewisGale Hospital Alleghany today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At LewisGale Hospital Alleghany, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
• Student Loan Repayment
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Lab Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Our Medical Lab Technicians (MLT) perform assigned laboratory tests in specialty departments to include Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Microbiology. By conducting laboratory tests and procedures, you will help to provide data for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
• Day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical tests and their results.
• You will also be responsible for specimen receiving and putting away supplies when received in the department.
• You will troubleshoot/resolve instrument problems and document corrective action in appropriate log and when necessary, perform instrumentation repairs.
• Assure that quality control is properly performed and logged and follow proper department procedure for corrective action.
• Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students.
• You will actively participate in phlebotomy and the accession responsibilities.
For more than a century, LewisGale Hospital Alleghany has delivered high-quality healthcare to residents of Southwest Virginia, the Alleghany Highlands, West Virginia and Rockbridge County. Our 205-bed acute care hospital specialize in cardiac rehab, orthopedics, physical therapy, surgical services and mental health and behavioral health services—particularly the Senior Transitions Program available at our stand-alone geriatric psychiatry unit in our beautiful Blue Ridge Mountain setting. Our facility has received the Cheers Award for Medication Safety from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices. Also, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rank LewisGale Hospital Alleghany among the top hospitals in the nation.
• Associate’s Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences or related field. Nursing Degree will be considered with the required CLIA acceptable courses.
• MLT registry or eligible. Successful completion of MLT registry within 6 months of eligibility or hire.
• ASCP or equivalent is preferred.
• Full Time / 40 hours per week
• Night Shift to include weekend and holiday requirements
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical Lab Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria